AHN is actively involved in helping the people it serves learn about and protect themselves from the spread of COVID-19.
Please click on the link below for important operational updates related to Coronavirus .
Highest Quality of Care
AHN Pediatrics has earned the highest level patient-centered medical home recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). All of our physicians are board certified pediatricians. For more information about AHN Pediatrics , please click here.
Did You Know…
- Allergic diseases affect 1 in 5 Americans, and about 36 million people in the U.S. have seasonal allergies
- 20.3 million Americans report having asthma, and more than 70% of people with asthma also suffer from allergies.
- Immune system malfunctions can cause a wide range of conditions, including allergy, arthritis, and cancer.
If allergies, asthma, or immune problems are making your life difficult – We Can Help!
Our Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology office concentrates on diagnosing and treating children and adults with these health issues. Our practice is built around you and your needs. We provide the excellent specialized care you expect, along with the fast, friendly, convenient service you deserve. We accept all major health insurance, and see patients via physician referrals or self-referrals, as their insurance permits. Here’s a closer look at what we offer.
For Patients with Allergies
We diagnose and treat a wide range of allergies, including:
- Allergic conditions of the nose, sinuses, eyes, and ears
- Allergic diseases of the skin, such as eczema
- Food allergies
- Insect venom allergies and anaphylaxis
- Hereditary and acquired angioedema, a dangerous swelling of the soft tissues of the aerodigestive tract (air and food passages)
- Gastroesophageal reflux
- Eosinophilic gastroenteritis (EGE), a condition frequently associated with food allergies
How We Diagnose
We use a variety of methods to diagnose allergies. Quintip® technology by Hollister-Stier Laboratories is a patient-friendly, innovative skin testing technique. It makes testing significantly more comfortable, accurate, and reproducible than more traditional scratch testing. We also offer an array of laboratory tests, including RAST (blood) testing for food and environmental allergens.
How We Treat
Allergen immunotherapy (allergy shots) is one of the better options for patients with multiple and severe allergies and for patients who have exhausted all drug-based approaches to therapy. Patients receive shots containing gradually increasing amounts of allergen. For example, if you are allergic to pollen, your vaccinations will include pollen allergens. The end result is that you are less sensitive to allergen exposure.
We also educate patients on how to avoid allergens and better control their environment. We provide nutritional advice or referrals to a nutritionist in the case of severe food allergies.
6500 Brooktree Rd
6500 Brooktree Road
Wexford, PA 15090
Phone: (412) 348-6868
Fax: (412) 348-1064
Please note that the office closes daily from 12:00 pm-1:00 pm for lunch.
|Monday:||8:30am – 5:00pm|
|Tuesday:||8:30am – 5:00pm|
|Wednesday:||8:30am – 6:00pm|
|Thursday:||8:30am – 5:00pm|
|Friday:||8:30am – 2:00pm|