Patients Aged 6 Months to 5 Years
Patients aged 6 months to 5 years are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. This is a 3 dose series, with the second dose administered 3 weeks after the initial dose and the third dose administered 8 weeks after the second dose. AHN Pediatrics locations are offering the Pfizer vaccine at this time. Schedule now by contacting you AHN Pediatrics Office.
Patients Aged 5 Years and Above
Anyone age 5 and older is now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. The only COVID vaccine that has received emergency use authorization for people under 18 is the Pfizer vaccine, which is a two dose series. All patients under the age of 18 should only schedule vaccine appointments with providers offering the Pfizer vaccine. AHN vaccine clinics are offering the Pfizer vaccine at this time. Schedule now by contacting you AHN Pediatrics Office.
Patients 18 and older can receive any of the currently authorized COVID-19 vaccines.
Operational Updates Related to Coronavirus
At AHN Pediatrics, we want to assure our patients and families that it safe to bring your children to our offices. We continue to follow very strict scheduling, masking, social distancing and sanitizing measures. Following the guidance of the CDC and the State and County Health Departments. We are currently scheduling well visits for all of our patients who are due for vaccines, as well as any patients with time sensitive needs for college, sports, school, daycare and camp physicals, etc. It is vitally important that our patients stay up to date on their vaccines for their own health and safety and that of their families and communities. It is also important that children receive preventive exams from their regular pediatrician at their medical home.
We will continue to follow strict guidelines to keep our patients and staff safe. The following measures will remain in place at our offices:
- Requiring that all adults and children over the age of 2 come into the office wearing masks For information about Universal masking , including instructions to make a homemade mask, visit https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Stop-the-Spread.aspx
- Screening all patients and adults coming into our offices for COVID-19 symptoms/exposure risk
- Providing masks for providers and staff and requiring that they be worn
- Ensuring that stringent office sanitation protocols are followed
- Scheduling separate well visit hours and sick visit hours. Sick visits cannot be scheduled during well visit hours, and walk-ins are not allowed.
- Limiting the number of people accompanying patients to our offices to 1 parent or guardian and no additional children
- Offering telehealth visits both during regular office hours and during evenings and weekends when appropriate to allow patients to receive care from the comfort and safety of their homes.
- Asking that all patients and parents maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from other patients and front desk staff.
- Not accepting cash or checks for copayments in the offices until further notice. We will make arrangements for credit card payments or bill for co-pays.
- Eliminating the need to exchange papers, by utilizing online forms. When scheduling appointments, you may be asked to access forms at http://pediatricalliance.com/links-resources/forms/ and send completed forms to the email address provided by office staff.
We are grateful for your patience and understanding during these stressful times. Our priority continues to be the health and well-being of our patients and their families. Remember, we are here for you. If you have any questions or concerns about your children, please don’t hesitate to call your AHN Pediatrics office and speak with one of our nurses/clinical staff.
After Hours Telehealth Options:
As part of our efforts to care for our patients and minimize exposure during this time of increased social distancing, our Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants are available for patients calling after hours with urgent, acute symptoms that don’t require an emergency room visit, but that cannot wait until the next day. When a patient calls their AHN Pediatrics office after hours, one of our pediatric triage nurses will review their symptoms and determine the appropriate course of action. Some concerns can be addressed by the nurse over the phone. Other non-urgent concerns may be sent to the patient’s regular AHN Pediatrics office for follow-up the next business day. After hours telehealth appointments are available as follows: Monday through Friday from 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM and Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Our staffing is limited during these hours, so we ask that you call your regular AHN Pediatrics office during normal business hours regarding any non-urgent issues or symptoms or that arise earlier in the day.
Our priority continues to be the health and well-being of our patients and their families. We know how stressful these times are, and we want to reiterate that we are here for you. If you have any questions or concerns about your children, please don’t hesitate to call your AHN Pediatrics office and speak with one of our nurses/clinical staff.
We want to ensure that you have the best guidance, support and care for your family. We are constantly evaluating this rapidly changing situation, and we will advise you of any changes as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your patience and understanding,
The Providers and Staff of AHN Pediatrics.